Last Updated: April 26, 2021
If you are a California resident, see Section 8 (“California Privacy Rights”) below for additional information pursuant to California law, including information on how to submit requests that we not “sell” your personal information.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We (or the vendors we hire to help us operate our business) receive and store the following categories of information:
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, phone number, IP address, and email address;
- Payment information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, card verification number, and billing address if you make a purchase;
- Commercial information, such as which products you browse, add to your cart, buy, or return;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information when you visit our website or interact with our emails or online ads and content. For example, we use tracking tools like cookies and pixels to automatically collect information like device identifiers, the type of browser and operating system you are using, your browsing and search history on our websites, what areas of the sites you visit and for how long, what products or content you view and click on, what site you came from to get to us and what site you go to when you leave us, and your interactions with our digital ads and content on other sites; and
- Professional or employment-related information if you apply for a job, such as your resume/CV, work history, social/professional networking pages, and any other info you choose to submit with your job application.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We (or the vendors we hire to help us operate our business) may use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with a more customized shopping experience. As noted above, you may choose to opt out of this customization and shop anonymously;
- To provide, maintain, and improve our business, products, and websites;
- To fulfill orders and process transactions;
- To respond to your questions, concerns, and other requests for assistance;
- To keep you informed of changes to our website and legal terms;
- To conduct market research;
- To prevent and investigate fraud, criminal activity, security incidents, and misuses of our business;
- To comply with legal obligations and safeguard the rights, privacy, safety, and property of our company and our users;
- To evaluate applications for employment and employment-related purposes;
- To send marketing communications, such as notifying you about special offers and products that may be of interest to you;
- To tailor and serve you ads about products and offers;
- For other legal purposes that we may notify you about from time to time.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We receive information about you from various sources, both indirectly and directly:
- Directly from you – We collect information when you create an account, buy or return a product, sign up for our newsletter, apply for a job, or otherwise contact us.
- From your devices – We use technical tracking tools that work behind the scenes, like browser cookies, beacons, and pixels, to automatically collect information about you. We collect this information when you interact with our websites, our digital ads, and our emails that we or our vendors send to you.
- From suppliers we hire to work on our behalf – Suppliers who host or maintain our websites, provide cloud services, send emails or assist with customer support, provide market research or analytics, assist in order fulfillment, or process payments may give us information about you.
- From other parties – We may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We work with other merchants, business partners, marketing partners, and social media platforms that may give us information about you. This may include updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
- We may combine information you give us online, in our stores or through our catalogs. We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with our Preferred Partners and others. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize the shopping experience of you and others with us, to communicate with you about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
4. WHEN AND HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
Information sharing can provide a valuable opportunity to be introduced to new resources and products that are compatible with your interests and needs. It is important to note that in some cases we must share your personal information with one or more or our partners in order for you to receive their products or services. We may share your information with the following parties:
- Service providers: We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services to help us operate our business, including credit card processing, direct order fulfillment, shipping, data management, customer service, analytics, website hosting, promotional services, etc.
- Business partners and advertising networks: Occasionally, we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy. In such cases we might share, cross-reference and/or exchange information, including contact information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Law enforcement: If we receive a lawful court order or request from law enforcement to release account or other personal information then we will comply with the law. We will also release information when necessary to protect the life, safety or property of GEARYS, our customers, our employees, and others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Mergers and Reorganization: We may share your information with another company in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, or sale of all or a portion of our assets. In such instances, your information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate or other entity surviving out of the event.
- We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you from time to time as permitted by law.
5. HOW DO WE PROTECT THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION?
We take reasonable precautions designed to assure that your data is secure, and we work to protect the security of your information through a variety of measures. However, no system can guarantee absolute security, just as the finest lock cannot guarantee physical security. It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
6. YOUR CHOICES
You have choices about how we use your information.
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To delete your name from our email contact lists, you can choose to unsubscribe using the “unsubscribe” option provided at the bottom of the email you receive, or you can contact us via email or postal mail and request to be removed from our mailing list. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions.
- You can request to have your name removed from the catalog mailing list. To do so, please contact us via e-mail or postal mail and let us know that you no longer wish to receive our catalog or other mailed promotional materials. We appreciate your patience while we process your request, and will make every reasonable effort to comply as quickly as possible. If you have already opted out, you do not need to opt out again; your information will not be used for purposes other than the customer service you have requested, unless you affirmatively ask to opt in again, in which case you will be opted in and will receive emails from us until you again request to be opted out.
- You can control certain cookies and tracking tools on your browser. Most browsers have a “help” button or section on the toolbar to help explain how to change your cookie preferences. If you click on this button or section, you will find information about turning on and off cookies and how to receive notifications when a new cookie is received. If you block all cookies, certain functionality of our websites may be negatively impacted. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop. Choices you make are both browser- and device-specific, meaning that you should exercise your preference on each browser and on each device you use. If you clear cookies from your browser, you may need to exercise these choices again.
- While navigating on the Rolex section of our website, some cookies are controlled by ROLEX SA. which applies the following Cookies Policy.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our websites. You can opt-out of Google Analytics here.
- You may opt out of having your online behavior recorded and used for targeted advertising. To opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating companies, visit the opt-out mechanisms of the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative. Choices you make are both browser- and device-specific, meaning that you should exercise your preference on each browser and on each device you use. If you clear cookies from your browser, you may need to exercise these choices again.
7. DO NOT TRACK
Some web browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
8. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email or write to us at the contact information listed below. Indicate in your letter or the subject line of your email that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
If you reside in California, you can also make the following more specific requests with respect to your personal information:
- Access – You can request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, the categories of personal information we sold or disclosed, our business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Deletion – You can request that we delete your personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
GEARYS will not discriminate against you because you made any of these requests, including by denying goods or services to you, charging you different prices for goods or services, or providing a different level or quality of goods or services (or suggesting the same). None of the foregoing, however, prohibits us from charging you a different price, or from providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your data..
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you or a person you authorize to act on your behalf may submit a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 800-227-6488 . We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests. Except as otherwise provided by applicable California law, for purposes of these requests under this Section, personal information does not include information about job applicants, employees and other of our personnel; or information about employees and other representatives of third-party entities we may interact with.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps may vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us.
California residents may designate an authorized agent to make a request on their behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent is identified as an authorized agent. We require a written power of attorney, executed by you, confirming the authority of the authorized agent with respect to your CCPA request(s). After you initiate a request with us, we will provide you with a form of power of attorney. Prior to responding to any request made on your behalf by an authorized agent, we may require you to provide written confirmation directly to us that you have provided the authorized agent permission to submit such request(s) on your behalf.
- We may disclose each of the above categories of personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in this Policy to the extent permitted by applicable law to the categories of third parties as described in Section 4 of this Policy.
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
GEARYS products and websites are not intended for children. We adhere to a strict privacy code regarding children and does not knowingly accept personal information from any child under the age of 13. If it is brought to our attention that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under 13, we will immediately remove all personal and identifiable information from our records in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998.
10. LINKS TO third-party SITES AND SERVICES
12. CONTACT US
351 North Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, California 90210